James Ray Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with an established construction company with the Head Office located in Hull.
Due to growth and a full order book our client is looking to recruit for the role of an experienced Technical Manager.
The Ideal Candidate will be/have:
· Experience of working within a design role in a construction business – offsite preferred.
· Knowledge of Building Regulations, HTM’s, HBN’s, BB’s etc
· Experience of managing members of a design team including allocation and monitoring of design workload and overseeing individual’s personal development
· Excellent communication skills
· Leadership skills
· Driven, enthusiastic and solution focussed
· Able to work and makes decisions independently, but within clear guidelines and understands when it is appropriate to escalate issues
To be considered for the role the ideal candidate MUST have:
· Qualified to ONC/OND level, ideally structural, civil or architectural background or engineering/construction discipline
· Proficient in AutoCAD detailing, Revit Modelling and a good understanding of MS Office/Outlook
· Understanding of Building Information Modelling
As the Technical Manager you will report directly into the Head of Preconstruction acting as the first point of contact for all day-to-day technical requirements for the design team.
You will be responsible for executing the design in accordance with the project’s design deliverables, programme, and contract proposals, directing and coordinating external design consultants. You will also be the primary technical contact for the project, liaising with the Contracts Manager, QS, building services and operations departments within the project team. This role will also involve acting as a support the Contracts Manager in dealing with the client team on design related issues.
Responsibilities of the Technical Manager
· Adherence to inductions, policies, and procedures
· Interface design and attend design workshop meetings
· Liaise with senior management, architects design teams, client reps, engineers and technicians as well as face to face client representation
· Rectify design issues with architects prior to work commencing and during the construction programme
· Be involved with project specific design issues, proposing practicable and buildable solutions
· Attend pre-construction and design development meetings
· Ensure relevant design team members are present at all project meetings
· Liaise closely with site-based project teams
· Value engineering to consider and develop the best options available
· Advise on cost effectiveness of alternative strategies and methods of construction
· Manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements
· Manage design output to agreed programmes and ensure the flow of work is maintained within the team and across all projects
· Provide primary design oversight across multiple projects, including co-ordination with Construction and Project Operation delivery Team/Managers, to facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets
· Liaise with the Commercial and Operations departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required for the project
· Manage allocated resources within projects and work to project design programmes and deliverables
· Ensure Design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner and CDM requirements
· Undertake regular resource planning sessions with Head of Division
· Carry out Line Manager duties to direct reports including managing performance, conducting interim and annual appraisals, HR support and ensuring cover for holiday and sickness absence
· Death in service
· Health Plan
· Benefit Portal
· £65,000 – £75,000 PA (subject to skills and experience)
The successful applicant must be willing to undergo any required client mandatory screening processes which may include DBS, BPSS or ACT.
To find out more, call the office on 01482 533656.
Please be assured all conversation are conducted within the strictest confidence.
Unfortunately, due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 10 days please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
Refer your friend to James Ray Recruitment and we will reward you with £150 retail shopping voucher when we place them in a permanent or temporary role for at least one month.