James Ray Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with an established construction company with the Head Office located in Hull.
Due to growth and a full order book our client is looking to recruit for the role of an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor.
The Role of the Senior Quantity Surveyor
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor you will report directly into the Head of Commercial.
You will be responsible to oversee the finances and contractual relationships making sure that the financial position of the businesses projects/schemes are accurately reported and controlled effectively.
The Ideal Candidate will be/have:
· Completer finisher – reliable, efficient, organised with a keen eye for detail
· A team player with good communication skills
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Knowledge and understanding of budgets and forecast management.
· Preparation and understanding of CVR’s and supplementary financial reports.
· Knowledge and understanding of final accounts.
· Knowledge and understanding of subcontract orders and buying.
· Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
· BSc Quantity Surveying or HNC/D
Adherence to inductions policies and procedures
· Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including the provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular, CVR’s, Forecasts and Risk Registers
· Effective Cash Management including timely application/certification/invoicing/payment/receipts and considered administration of subcontract accounts
· Keeping Commercial Lead appraised of progress of all accounts both client and subcontract through to finalisation
· Ensuring that payments and notices are affected in accordance with the subcontract and Construction Act and ensure that any commercial risks are identified and communicated to Commercial Lead
· In conjunction with the Procurement team ensure that the procurement of subcontract trades and suppliers is undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner ensuring that packages are robust with buying gains optimised
· Manage the timely production of Main/Subcontract Final Accounts, evaluation and agreement of all variations, extensions of time and compensation events
· Site Visits as required
· Ensure the effective commercial management of JCT & NEC contracts to maximise gross margin
· Ensure that cash-flows are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible
The successful applicant must be willing to undergo any required client mandatory screening processes which may include DBS, BPSS or ACT.
· Death in service
· Health Plan
· Benefit Portal
· £65,000 – £75,000 PA – (subject to skills and experience)
To find out more, call the office on 01482 533656.
Please be assured all conversation are conducted within the strictest confidence.
Unfortunately, due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 10 days please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
Refer your friend to James Ray Recruitment and we will reward you with £150 retail shopping voucher when we place them in a permanent or temporary role for at least one month.