James Ray Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with an established construction company with Head Office located in Hull.
Due to growth and a full order book our client is looking to recruit for the role of a Preconstruction Manager.
The Role of the Preconstruction Manager
To take turnkey projects from ITT stage through to contract close, completing all paperwork and being the key liaison for the client and the consultants working on the project.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Knowledge of Department for Education scheme and contract development
• Knowledge of Contractors Proposals Process
• Continuous Improvement/Process Change
• Experience of leading and delivery though multi-disciplinary teams
• An adaptable style and persuasion skills to respond to complex relationships and differing perspectives
• Excellent analytical abilities and experience in evaluating technical drawings or project proposals and accurately interpreting them
• Has a proven record of successful multi-project delivery through management of a skilled team of people
• Employs an adaptable style and persuasion skills to respond to complex relationships and differing perspectives
• Works and makes decisions independently, but within clear guidelines and understands when it is appropriate to escalate issues
• Ability to work flexibly
• Good communication skills
• Good analytical abilities
• Leadership skills
• Strong organisational skills to manage workload
• Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
• Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
• Excellent relationship building skills and high standard of customer care
• Is driven, enthusiastic and solution focussed
• Experience of working in a construction related field.
• Experience of managing design to cost.
• Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Applications
• Proven track record of successful multi-project delivery through management of a skilled team of people
• Adherence to Health and Safety, inductions, policies and procedures
• Work with consultants to develop plans for a draft scheme in line with framework/feasibility expectations and the budget
• Identify key risks and abnormal and drive a strategy to mitigate these or design these out during Draft CPs
• Progress all surveys required to develop a risk adverse design
• Work with clients to develop and define proposal throughout the Pre-Construction Stages of projects
• Lead the delivery of projects, producing the required deliverables including budget, time constraints and quality requirements
• Develop and be responsible for the design draft and full Contractors Proposals produced for the client
• Lead liaison for the client and lead consultant
• Risk owner and responsibility for keeping the risk register up to date
• Arrange and advise in all design team meetings, chair all consultant meetings
• Implement the preparation and maintenance of Project Reports including programme, quality and cost
• Attend meetings with the client and lead communication flow with consultants, keeping the business advised
• Support in all phases of the project and respond to all matters that may affect the client’s objective
• Host weekly/monthly departmental meetings as and when requested by divisional lead.
• Host the launch into construction and effectively handover information to operations team
• Liaise with all client suppliers and operators to ensure the client brief and specification are adopted and delivered
• Support in on-going project reviews, change control and completion activities
• Preconstruction work/projects as delegated by divisional lead
• Death in service
• Health Plan
• Benefit Portal
• £65,000 – £75,000 PA – subject to skills and experience
• £7,000 Car Allowance
To find out more, call the office on 01482 533656.
Please be assured all conversation are conducted within the strictest confidence.
Unfortunately, due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 10 days please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
Refer your friend to James Ray Recruitment and we will reward you with £150 retail shopping voucher when we place them in a permanent or temporary role for at least one month.