James Ray Recruitment are delighted to be working with an SME business with multiple sites who are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their fast paced, high volume Finance Team.
As the Accounts Assistant you will play a crucial role in supporting the company’s strategy by maintaining accurate ledgers and managing day-to-day financial operations on the purchase ledger and nominal ledger.
Attention to detail and prior accounts experience are essential for this role!
Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
• Processing Bills
• Logging and processing disbursement invoices
• Inputting/authorising payments in the Online Banking system
• Complete daily banking
• Allocating monies received in and paid out to Matters
• Daily bank reconciliations
• Taking card payments over the telephone
• Facilitating the effective administration of the department on a day to day basis.
• Set the highest standards of accountancy service.
• Report to the Head of the Accounts Department in relation to the performance of their duties.
• Monthly reconciliation of the petty cash.
• Ensuring all transactions are entered accurately in line with the company nominal structures.
• Ensure all transactions have the appropriate purchase order in place and are authorised.
• Ensure all payments are made in accordance with the company approval and authorisation process.
• Reconciliation of supplier accounts
• Monthly reconciliations of the purchase and nominal ledgers.
• Resolving of queries internally or externally with the supplier
• Updating and maintaining the case management and financial system.
• Scanning and filing
• Assisting the team with other tasks and ad hoc projects as and when required
• Credit control